From the Artinfo:
Cai, the winner of the Chinese two bronze statues, told Bloomberg that several days after he won the lots in the February 25 sale, he began to think that accepting them would be like having “two time bombs and placing them at home, not knowing when they will explode.”
He was praised for his decision in China, but says that he has been condemned by other dealers and that the incident has ruined his credibility. He added that he may have to close Xiamen Xinhe Art International Auction Co., the auction business he runs in Xiamen in southeastern China. He has already called off the house’s spring sale, which last year brought in an impressive 47.4 million yuan (almost $7 million), and is considering canceling his fall sale as well.
“This has damaged me: I have lost the business I love,” he said.
Read the whole stories from the following links: